Our Athens team is made up of a dedicated group of individuals who are committed to the power of public-private partnerships and opportunities to strengthen Greece.
Communications Project Coordinator - CLOSED
Athens Digital Lab (ADL), the City of Athens incubator for smart city solutions, is an initiative created with an exclusive grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), with the cooperation of Athens Partnership, Cosmote, and Nokia.
Athens Digital Lab is part of the digital strategy of the City of Athens and is guided by a mission to support young entrepreneurs, young researchers, and start-ups. ADL is seeking digital ideas addressing the real needs of the city, that can change the city and improve the quality of life of Athens’ residents and visitors, and that can evolve into advanced Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for smart cities.
Every 6 months, after an open call, five to six teams will be selected and will have the opportunity to work for a six-month period in ADL’s a specially designed, modern and fully equipped premises, having at their disposal all the technical and financial resources required to transform their proposal into viable solutions.
We are looking for a candidate to join Athens Digital Lab to assist on day-to-day communications, admin and event logistics, social media marketing, and projects. Having an understanding of the IoT and start-up ecosystem will make it easier for you, however this is the best place to learn about it.
Working along with the the Project Manager, and being part of the ADL Team, the Communications Project Coordinator supports all operations of Athens Digital Lab, located at Serafio Complex of the City of Athens (Petrou Ralli & Piraeus Avenue).
We work in a dynamic environment, so being adaptable, and taking-the-initiative is key. This opportunity is ideal if you are looking to further your career in community management, marketing, communications and events, within IoT, Smart Cities and start-up ecosystem.
You’re an important part of pulling all of this together. Ideally, you already come to us caring for and contributing to the tech/start-up ecosystem in a community or administrative coordinator role, and are fully aligned with our Vision.
This is an opportunity for a self-driven, detail oriented, entry/mid level communications project coordinator. This is a full time role that includes base salary and benefits. Sound interesting?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• You’ll work weekdays, 9.30-17.30. Note: evening work may be required depending on event schedules
• The role is 40% event/project coordination, 40% community engagement and social media coordination, and 20% ADL administration
• You’ll assist in the preparation of ADL upcoming open calls – marketing plans, campaign strategies, and market strategy insights
• You’ll assist with expanding the start-up community and university student’s organisations relations
• You’ll assist with running the day-to-day administrative operations of ADL
• You will be a part of the team that communicates ADL mission and handles all marketing activities
• Manage daily inquiries that come from ADL teams and mentors
• You help coordinate and execute on events hosted at ADL
WHO YOU ARE
• 1+ years experience as a project initiator, communications or marketing enthusiast, community coordinator or social media trends guru, even at a university/college/internship role
• Social media savvy with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube – telling stories of what goes on at ADL
• Community engagement – you love to engage with the Greek start-up community
• Highly resourceful, positive and approachable problem solver with a joyful character
• Top notch written and verbal communication skills is a given
• Working experience with Google Docs, Office suite, online PM tools
Sound like you? Apply with your resume and a short cover letter (including a few technology companies and trends you like, and tell us why!) at firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 15th, 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.